Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fishing with Chris....

I took Chris on the inaugural fishing trip in the kayaks. We went to First Landing State Park, the infamous site of Flip's disappearance. That park may have it in for me. This time I left my insulated water bottle on the bumper of the truck and lost it on departure. Anyway, about the fishing.

We paddled straight across from the beach where we launch. We fished for about 2 1/2 hours. Didn't really have that much luck. In total we caught 13 fish, when, all put together, would probably made one decent fish. Here's a picture of Chris with one of his doubles.
As you can see they were really small. The wind came up pretty strong, so we called it a day and headed in. Besides, we had to reinstall a gutter for a guy nearby and got that out of the way early. That's about it for now.

1 comment:

jakesmom said...

Looks like fun although I am starting to believe that you only have small fish in VaBch. When was the last time there were any keepers? Not when I have gone. Good thing I just like to fish and not actually eat them.