Monday, September 8, 2008

Busy Weekend.....

This was a busy weekend. Steph got in on Thursday evening. Friday Gail worked and Steph had a hair appointment with Brittany. I was taking her to her appointment when Brittany called to say the shop was flooded, not from Hanna, but from construction next door. Apparently they broke a water line. Appointment was rescheduled for Saturday. I had planned to go to Home Depot while Steph got her hair done, so we both went to Home Depot. I got some stuff I needed for the kayaks and Steph looked at some things she wants if she buys a house in the near future. I dropped Steph off to get her nails done and do some shopping and I went home. When I went back to pick her up, the rain from Hanna started. It rained off and on Friday night and into Saturday.

Friday night, Chris joined the three of us for dinner at Gringo's, a SMALL cafe that came highly recommended for their fish tacos. I wasn't impressed. All Chris could say was "$15.95 for a Carne Asada Burrito". Did I mention their prices were high?

Saturday morning Hanna really arrived. We had rain and gusty winds most of the day, but it wasn't nearly the storm everyone predicted, as usual. That afternoon, we went over to Chris and Courtney's so Steph could spend some time with Greyson. Also, Courtney was going to give Steph a ride to her hair appointment. Before they left, Chris wanted me to open my birthday present from him, Courtney and Greyson. Greyson even signed the card.

How's this for the ultimate present, my very own Chefs Jacket. I guess it's official now.
In keeping with the spirit of the gift, I prepared dinner for the crew. Grilled chicken, grilled sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus. Gail prepared a Chef's salad to round out the meal. I guess the best compliment came from Brittany. She said that she didn't like sweet potatoes or asparagus, but had never tried them grilled. She ate the sweet potatoes and even stole some asparagus from Chris' plate. Apparently she liked both.

Gail, Steph, Chris and I sat down to play some poker, while Brittany and Courtnay went to a friends birthday. We played for about two hours, and in the end Chris was the winner, one dollar ahead.

Sunday Chris and Courtney brought Greyson over for a visit. Check out this picture. What a goofball....
We continued the birthday celebration with Gail and Steph's presents. A waterproof camera with a PFD strap to float the camera should it happen to somehow get dumped into the water. How could that possibly happen?

Super camera. There are a lot of features I need to check out. One of which is not to put your finger over the lens, as seen in the picture below.

Sunday night, Chris, Courtney and Steph took us out to dinner at Otani, a Japanese Steakhouse. The food was great, but I ate entirely too much. We started with Tempura Calamari, had some Sushi (Spicy Tuna Roll, California Roll, and a Spicy California Roll topped with Spicy Crab meat), then came the main courses. Teriaki Chicken, Filet, Scallops, fried rice, veggies, lots of food. Did I mention the beer. Chris was drinking Saporro, I was drinking Kirin, Gail had her Corona, and Steph had Vanilla Vodka and Sprite. Great time. Turns out it was really a surprise for our anniversary.

Chris and Courtney.....

Gail, me and Steph.....
As you can see, everybody was having a good time.

4 comments:

jameson said...

damn... I wish I could have been there!

jakesmom said...

You could have at least mentioned that I was there for the weekend before going to NYC for work this week, hence the hair, nails and shopping. Sounds like that is all I do, haha.

Thanks for everything and Happy Bday / Anniv again!

GZ said...

Is that the Olympus 850? i got that camera when I crashed with my 720 on a run. Sweet camera. I carry it for a good number of my runs.

beth said...

sorry we missed such a fun time! i can assure you that james celebrated for you from the west coast...Captain Passout (as i call him) had a couple cocktails and was lights out before 7:30pm!!! guess he was on east coast time thinking of you :)

happy anniversary!