Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Riding and "The Diet"

Not much going on, except we continue on our "get into shape journey". Last night we went for a 5+ mile ride and came home to an excellent dinner, Grilled "Slab" Pork Chops and Asparagus grilled with garlic/olive oil. Mmmmmmmm...

Gail has me following her calorie counting diet. I'm a carb diet fan, so this is new to me. I think the most helpful part of counting calories is that you must track everything you eat. It really puts the grazing / snacking habit in perspective. We'll see how long it lasts. Down 8 lbs. 15 to go...

2 comments:

jameson said...

right on! Keep it up! have you guys got ride of the beers? I hope not... it's still summer.

for a calore counting check out www.dailyplate.com and www.fitday.com

they make it easy and orgranized.

beth said...

impressive! i can't even lose 1 pound, let alone 8! if i tracked my snacking i would be astounded i'm sure...

by the way, the dressings look great- can't wait to try the raspberry vinaigrette!