Saturday, August 2, 2008

Rib Dinner

What we had for dinner before the ride. Pretty tasty.....

Ribs on the grill........

Veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, parsnips, and red onion) roasted in garlic olive oil.

Ribs, veggies and corn on the cob......BEFORE

Ribs, veggies and corn on the cob......AFTER


I prepared the ribs a little differently this time around.

First, I boiled the ribs for twenty minutes in water seasoned with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, three bay leaves, and 1/2 tsp. of thyme. Next, I applied ObieCue Sweet Rub while the ribs were still hot, wrapped them in foil, and baked them at 325 degrees for one hour. I removed them from the foil, being careful to preserve all the juices. I put the ribs on the grill, second rack on low heat to sear each side. While they were on the grill, I combined the reserved juices with about two tablespoons of Budweiser Beechwood Smoked Barbecue Sauce. I basted the ribs with the sauce and left them on the grill until a glaze formed. Came out way tender and very flavorful.

For the veggies, I chopped three cloves of garlic and combined it with three tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, heated until warm. I tossed the veggies in the garlic olive oil, generously salted and peppered, and roasted at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. The veggies were cooked, but still on the crispy side, not overcooked.

All in all, a pretty tasty dinner.

No comments: