Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New Toy

Chris came over the other day, I think it was when he and Courtney were dropping off Greyson, and showed me a "surf" camera on-line. Well, I found a really good deal on Ebay and bought one. (see below). It is a Go Pro 5MP Wide Angle, waterproof to 100 ft. It came with hardware to mount to a surfboard. It takes great pics and video. I have also upgraded the firmware so it will take a single video up to 4GB (Approx. 2 hrs) and can handle up to an 8GB SDHC card.


I find it hard to believe that something so small can perform so well. It also has numerous features, like: continuous shooting pics every 2 or 5 seconds, self timer, upside down image (just in case you have to mount the camera upside down), three shot burst photo, to name a few.

This is the camera out of the water housing.........

Working out details for a kayak and other mounts. Hope to have all helmet/adventure cams ready for Cabo.

1 comment:

jakesmom said...

I think Gail may have to block ebay from your computer. On the other hand, this looks pretty cool. Too bad kayaking weather is over. How are you going to test it?