Monday, May 25, 2009

End of the Holiday Weekend

Well, the Memorial Day weekend is at a close. We had planned to spend at least two days in the kayaks, but this morning the forecast was for rain starting at noon, with thunderstorms starting at 3:00 PM. Guess what ? No rain yet and it just after 4:00. So much for Accu-weather!!!

We decided to go to the movies instead. First a short background.

Shortly after I read "The Davinci Code", I came across a book titled "Beyond Angels and Demons". It referenced "The Davinci Code" on the cover so naturally I had to read it. As I started reading, it became apparent that there was another book by Dan Brown. You guessed it, "Angels and Demons". When I heard it was being made into a movie, I knew I would have to see it. Well we did today. I would recommend this movie for two reasons; 1. It is a pretty good tale of suspense and adventure, and 2. If you read the book, it follows the story very closely. One of my major complaints about books made into movies is that the director takes dramatic license and sometimes changes the story. Not this one. Go see it and let me know what you think.

Tommorow it's back to work and into the regular grind.

Later.

No comments: